Scavengers workshops are the perfect boost to motivation in STEM subjects prior to GCSEs- everyday applications of science and technology.
Main Educational Themes
- Sound and vibration: sound waves, longitudinal & latitudinal waves, frequency and amplitude, resonance, materials
- Circuitry: components, resistance & conductivity, current flow, safety
- Electromagnetism: electromagnets used in loudspeakers, electro-motors used in fans, using circuits to alter magnetic fields in order to move physical objects
- Design & Technology: Making, designing, adapting, properties of materials, practical applications of electricity
- Sustainability: Planned obsolescence, disposability, waste, recycling and upcycling
- Music: Found sound, building, evaluating and developing instruments, using music technology, working in groups to improve our music