This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users. Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Google Analytics with anonymized IP. Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
Data transfer outside the EU
Data transfer to countries that guarantee European standards. Personal Data: various types of Data (see Analytics)
Contacting the User
Mailing list or newsletter. Personal Data: address, city, company name, country, email address, first name, gender, last name, profession, province, state, website and ZIP/Postal code; curriculum vitae (optional), photo (optional)
Contact form. Personal Data: email address, first name and last name
Interaction with external social networks and platforms
Facebook Like button and social widgets. Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
LinkedIn button and social widgets. Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
Twitter Tweet button and social widgets. Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
Owner and Data Controller
Big Tin Shed
Email: steve – at – noisytoys.org
The document below provides details on the data processing activities of the information collected and processed on Noisy Toys. This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information We Collect
We respect and value your privacy and personal data. Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Contacting the User, Interaction with external social networks and platforms and Data transfer outside the EU.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Users can use all public sections of the website without the need to register – only anonymous Usage Data is collected to facilitate the uses outlined in the “Legal Basis of Processing” Section of this policy.
Types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties include: Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name, last name, profession, province, state, country, ZIP/Postal code, city, address, company name, website.
This information is contained and processed in the following aspects of the website:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use to improve the Website for research purposes, if you have opted in for that type of contact.
- Anonymised information on user visits to our site and the resources that you access.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
In particular, Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Analytics. The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.): Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. This website uses an integration of Google Analytics which anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening Users’ IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Contacting the User. The services outlined in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyse
Mailing list or newsletter (this Website via local install of MailChimp)
By opting-in to join on the mailing list or the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of informational nature concerning this Website and the activities of the Noisy Toys community. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website or after making a purchase.
Personal Data collected: address, city, company name, country, email address, first name, gender, last name, profession, province, state, website and ZIP/Postal code.
Contact form (this Website)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name and last name.
Place of processing: UK.
Interaction with external social networks and platforms. This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Website. The interaction and information obtained through this Website are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Facebook Like button and social widgets (Facebook, Inc.): The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
LinkedIn button and social widgets (LinkedIn Corporation): The LinkedIn button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the LinkedIn social network provided by LinkedIn Corporation.
Twitter Tweet button and social widgets (Twitter, Inc.): The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Data transfer outside the EU
Data transfer to countries that guarantee European standards (this Website)
If this is the legal basis, the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to third countries is carried out according to an adequacy decision of the European Commission.
The European Commission adopts adequacy decisions for specific countries whenever it considers that country to possess and provide Personal Data protection standards comparable to those set forth by EU data protection legislation. Users can find an updated list of all adequacy decisions issued on the European Commission’s website.
IP Addresses and Cookies
As described in section Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data – Analytics the website collects anonymised information about your usage, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to members of Noisy Toys. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any user individually.
For the same reason, and for the website to function, we obtain information about your general usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we process your data
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Location of Processing
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located (in Hemel Hempstead, UK).
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a function or provision of a service between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such function or service has been fully performed. (for example during a session)
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner. We send periodic (i.e. annual) reminders to users to ensure that they still would like to use our services and are happy for their data to be stored for these purposes.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data will be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Uses Made of the Information (Legal Basis of Processing)
The Website use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, solutions or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services, where you have opted in to be contacted about these.
If you do not agree with the use of the information described above, you can use the website without being registered, with limited functionality. You can also choose whether or not you would like to receive communications from us (opt-in) when you register and by unsubscribing at the later date.
We process Personal Data relating to you if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes (by opting in during registration, or by modifying your opt in using your user panel)
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject; processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner; (see Legal Action)
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing.
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by this Website, these are outlined further in the ICO respective pages https://ico.org.uk/global/privacy-notice/your-data-protection-rights/. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
This policy was last updated on 5th July 2018.
If you have any questions about how your personal information is used, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact Noisy Toys.
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)/ “We”
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
This Website/ “We”
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/Website.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.