The first battles will take place on April 10 at the Big Tin Shed in Hebden Bridge. You probably won't be able to attend in person but you can drop-off your buggy in advance.
There is still time take part: buy or rent the resources and get building. Find out how you can join in here.
- Battles will take place at the Big Tin Shed in Hebden Bridge on the afternoon of 10 April2021
- To take part you must deliver your buggy to the Big Tin Shed on or before the morning of 10 April.
- The buggy must be ready to go for either of the 2 rounds.
- We will hold Sumo wrestles and an obstacle course, your buggy can compete in either (not both)
- buggies must be based around the list of components on the info page
- buggies will have no batteries- we will put the same kind into them so it is fair
- if you want to take part in sumo and have a friend who has made a buggy you can request to wrestle theirs
- Battles will be filmed and may go onto the noisytoys youtube channel (we don't need to use youe name if you don't want)
- each buggy must be delivered with a note with the name of the buggy, which round it is in and your name
- please be ready for defeat and faliure- these are beautiful things and we learn from them. There will be more battles.
1st Buggy Battles of Calderdale
Battles will take place on smooth(ish) concrete floor of the Big Tin Shed Warehouse .
- 2 buggies in head-to-head power-wrestle
- no weapons (no servod etc)
- Last one in the ring wins
- Either wheel out of the ring counts as out
- A buggy that is tipped over and so imobile is also out
- Ring will be 2m diameter
- 2 opposing static buggies locked head-to-head will be moved back the the diameter after 3 seconds to avoid motor burn-out. If this happens 3 times then the result is a draw
- Buggies will navigate the obstacle course individually
- From a starting line, they must travel 5 metres to cross a finish line
- They must navigate around 2 large obstacles (cardboard boxes) and then continue in the same direction as before
- This will be level-one obstacle course, future levels will have more obstacles
Find all the info here.